If you are looking for some freedom in what lands on your dining table while still staying healthy, Simply Filling plan is here for you. I covered the basics of the plan in our last post. In this post, I’m sharing the Weight Watchers Simply Filling Foods List, which is a long list of foods that you can eat without counting calories or portions.
As a reminder, to get the best rate on any Weight Watcher’s plan, click here to register for Ebates using our referral link. You’ll get $5 cash back, any promotions from Weight Watchers, plus a $10 gift card if you’re new.
Here is the Simply Filling foods list:
Vegetables on the Simply Filling Foods List
You can eat most of the vegetables individually or mix them up. You can have canned, fresh, frozen or jarred veggies as long as they do not have added sugar or oil.
Other vegetables that you can eat include whole corn on the cob, sweet, red and white potatoes, green peas, and salsa without added sugar.
The vegetables that should not be on your list include pickled vegetables, olives, plantains, juices, and french fries. You should also not eat vegetables that are prepared from butter, sugary sauces, and oil.
Simply Filling Foods List – Fruit
You can eat all fruits that are canned, fresh, frozen or jarred in water, their own juice or other juice as long as they do not have any added sugar. You can also eat mixed fruits and salad without any added sugar. However, you should not eat dried fruits and drink juices.
Whole Grains Are on the Simply Filling Foods List
Foods in this list includes
- Ready to eat cold whole grains without nuts or dried fruits and not more than a gram of added sugar. They should also have three or more grams of fiber per serving.
- Cooked, hot cereals should not include nuts or added sugar, for example, you can have oatmeal, grits and 100 percent bran.
- Wild and brown rice
- Whole grain pasta that includes whole wheat pasta, spaghetti, gluten-free pasta, quinoa pasta
- Whole grains such as cornmeal, buckwheat, barley, farro and bulgur
- Air-popped or fat-free popped popcorn
The list does not include fried rice, white rice regular pasta, and mixes of flavored rice
Simply Filling Dairy and Dairy Substitutes
- Fat-free and sugar-free milk and beverages such as cappuccino and latte
- Fat-free cheese cream and cottage cheese
- Fat-free yogurt whether light, Greek or plain
- Soy cheese
- Unflavored soy yogurt and milk
The list does not include fat-free evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and creamers
Lean Proteins on the List
- Beef, turkey, lamb beef pork with less than 700gm sodium per serving
- Deli and luncheon meats with reduced sodium
- Whole eggs, substitutes, and whites
- Dried, frozen, white, kidney and chickpeas
- Peas (including dried and split)
- Meat substitutes
- Game meat and organ meats from pork, lamb, and beef
The list does not include fish canned in oil, processed meats, and fish with added fats
The plan allows whole grain and reduced calorie bread, muffins, buns, corn tortillas, and rolls. You can also eat reduced sodium broths and soups. The healthy oils in the list include safflower, olive, flaxseed, canola, and sunflower.
The beverages in the list include club soda, coffee, tea without added sugar, water, and seltzer. You may also use such seasonings as herbs, garlic, fat-free salad dressings, mustard, vinegar, steak sauce, taco sauce and sugar substitutes among others.
The Simply Filling plan has a wide list of foods that cover all your dietary needs. Ensure that you keep within the list and as much as you need, not starving your body or overeating. Best of luck!